1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease a medium size casserole dish.
3. Arrange ½ the slices of eggplant on the bottom of the casserole dish.
4. Season eggplant with salt.
5. Add breadcrumbs and brown sugar to medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
6. Sprinkle ¼ of brown sugar over layer of eggplant slices.
7. In large bowl, combine ½ cup breadcrumb mixture, onion, tomato, celery, red bell pepper, olives, and olive oil.
8. Season mixture with dried oregano and saffron.
9. Spoon mixture over layer of eggplant.
10. Top with remaining eggplant slices.
11. Top with remaining breadcrumb mixture.
12. Add soy milk, heavy cream and cashews to blender. Blend until smooth.
13. Pour milk mixture over eggplant.
14. Bake 30 minutes until crisp and golden brown.